I am not a girl with a green thumb. My home is where potted plants come to die.
My sweet husband used to bring home flowers in small pots as a romantic gesture, and finally one day I had to ask him to stop. I couldn’t take the pressure of keeping them alive and the disappointment I’d feel when that plant inevitably kicked the can!
Despite my dreary history in horticulture, I’ve decided to take on a new project – indoor plants! I mean – with a baby due any day – there’s never been a better time to take on the task of sustaining plant life, right?!
I LOVE green… and this corner in the nursery has been begging for a natural pop of color.
I was going to just fill pots with fake plants, but they looked… well…. fake.
I’ll be using Mary Lauren’s awesome guide to keeping plants alive. Here’s hoping that I can at least hold off the grim reaper until Everly’s due date!
Indoor plants are one of my “somethings“. Here are the rest!
2. Mike and I went to see The House this past weekend, and I somehow forgot that it was rated R (they only show the cleanest and funniest parts in the previews)! Thanks to the rating, I spent majority of the previews with my head buried in Mike’s shoulder, trying to block out the terrifying scenes of the HORROR movie previews! So if you’re looking for some laughs and hoping to catch this movie – beware – you may be getting a heavy dose of horror as well!
3. My hospital bag is packed and now there’s one little thing left to do – the push mix. We’ve got lots of relaxing/inspiring music stations on hand, but I feel like the actual delivery part of labor is going to call for something more intense. Is it weird that I’m considering Salt-N-Pepa’s Push It and Run the World by Beyonce? 😉
4. I love my letterboard. Like most people, I got one because I was so inspired by all of the hilarious quotes I saw being used. Part of me wonders if I’m clever enough to own one of these! Disclaimer: my funniest letter board quotes won’t be originals! You can see my latest inspirations here.
5. I suffer from Amazon Prime guilt. We use Prime WAY too often! It’s not uncommon for us to get multiple deliveries in a day and for there to be a stockpile of unbroken down boxes alongside our house. The Amazon delivery guy once tried bringing a package to our doorstep, before quickly realizing it was meant for our neighbors – force of habit I guess! I’d like to blame the steady delivery traffic on the fact that we have a baby coming and need lots of stuff, but the truth is that we’re just addicted to convenience. Can anyone else relate?!
7. We’re squeezing in as many date nights as we can! The Orchard is our current new favorite place. It’s a little local gem, tucked away in a neighborhood off of Glendale Avenue. There are 3 restaurants on the historic property – a dinner place, a breakfast/lunch market, and an ice cream parlor. Yum! In the center of all the restaurants are picnic tables, lawn chairs, dangling lights, and even a splash pad for kids! Talk about the perfect trifecta!
Summers are full of favorite “somethings”! What are some of yours?